Well, most of them I’ve listed in my list under the “recommendations” tab at the top of the page. But to recap: (prose only, here)
- All of Jane. Non-negotiable
- A Christmas Carol
- Some of Thomas Hardy. I really like Far From The Madding Crowds and Tess is interesting.
- Wuthering Heights. Trust me.
- Virginia Woolf! Esp. Mrs. Dalloway: “Life, London, this moment of June…”
- Edith Wharton: Age of Innocence, etc.
- Dracula and Frankenstein. Very different, but both very good. The critical debates surrounding Dracula are so funny.
- The Scarlet Letter. Again, this grew on me. Hated it when I read it in high school. But…now, not so bad.
- Orwell: Animal Farm, 1984
- Rebecca…ooooh creepy. 🙂